Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5th 2013

Hey hey hey!! Can you believe it's August already??? Ahhh!!! So today we had a mission wide BBQ for our preparation day, we have been in Tacoma for the day and we just got back! It was really fun just getting to spend time with all my missionary friends!! I love these missionaries!!! and since this whole mission is really young we will all get home relatively close to each other! It will be great! :] This week we had a pretty good week, we went on an exchange, sister Olson came to Silverdale with sister Ryser and I! We began teaching the McDaniels family this week. They are so awesome! They are a less active family but one of the sons and the father are not members of the church! So we are working with them and the son that is not a member also brings his friend every time we teach, so we are teaching his friend as well, it's really awesome! I'm so excited! David, the son is on date to be baptized on August 17th! :] We have Ashley as well, she is on date for August 16th, she has been learning about the church for around 6 months now and finally got a little room for growth from her parents, they are anti-Mormon but they told her she can do what she wants. So she is really excited about it and we just love her, she is 18 and loved going to seminary, she already goes to the singles ward activities and ward functions, it's great! :] Mike is being baptized this week on Wednesday! I am so excited for Mike, I just love him!!! He is a former semi pro football player and now he has a family and works for himself in the landscaping business, he has been SUPER busy the last few weeks with work and we thought he was blowing us off because we could never get appointments with him set up, but we met yesterday and he apologized for being so busy and said he is all caught up with work and can meet with us everyday now, so we are doing just that! He is growing so quickly! I love it! Bryan introduced himself yesterday in our Gospel Principles class and we asked everyone to say their name and something cool about themselves and his “cool thing” was that he has been a member for almost a month now!!! It made me so happy that he realized how cool that is!! He is doing so great, he meets with us all the time and hasn't missed a week of church in two months, it is really great!! This land is the promised land!! I love it here in Silverdale!! :] I have requested that I stay, and hopefully I will because there is good work to be done here! I am happy as can be, so don't worry about me! There is no greater call than doing the work of the Lord. I want you all to know how much I love what I do, and how strongly I believe and know what I teach. I love teaching people and bringing this happiness to them that they have been looking for their whole lives. It's so great that I get to guide them to that, I get to guide them to God. It's awesome!! anywho!! love you all! Love, Sister Falkner Oh yeah, and I got my first dog bite this week. It's nothing big, just dumb! That dang dog had a stinkin pony tail, who does their dog's hair? Anyways, I felt like that was a memorable moment worth sharing. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment