Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12th 2013

Hello my fellow email readers! This week was one for the journal, too bad I never have time to write in my journal. So I will write it here. Our baptism this week fell through. He had some probation issues and is going to be baptized when those are cleared up which will be in January. So that's good! We have 2 baptisms scheduled for this week. Ashley and David. They are both way great! We love Ashley so much! She is 18yrs old and is moving to Reno soon and has already found the church building she would go to there and is excited to be around more Mormons! She is awesome! David is 11yrs old and was the only one not old enough to be baptized when his family joined the church a few years back, so he is excited and the family is coming back to church again so its just great! In our zone here we are really trying to push finding people to teach through family history, so we have a banner and business cards with the info for the family history center and we have a booth at the mall every Friday that we get to set up and offer to help people get involved with there family history. This week was my first week participating in it and I talked to 3 people that were somewhat interested, and was there for about an hour. So I hope it picks up and people realize how cool it is! I also went on an exchange this week with sister Stucki, she was in my MTC district and is just really great! I love her and it was fun to be back together for a bit! We had a lot of fun and got a lot accomplished. My goal on my mission is to teach someone that does not have a belief in God, and while we were knocking doors we found someone and he wanted to learn more, so it was really great! It was not in my area though, so I don't get to teach him, but I hope they can! :] This Saturday we went to this far out neighborhood in our ward that gets neglected a bit and we were trying to check up on some families to invite them to church. They lived on the same street so we just parked and walked to their homes, neither of them were home so we were standing by our car trying to see if there were any more members out that way that we could talk to so that it wouldn't be a complete waste of time and miles. While we were trying to find someone to go visit this old lady walking her dog came up to us and told us she wanted us out of her neighborhood and that we are being creepy and that she had our plates written down and was going to call the police on us. We tried to explain to her that we were only trying to visit members of our faith and invite them to church. She didn't believe us and told us that she would tell her neighbor, (the family we were trying to visit) that we were sneaking around their house trying to look inside. She started giving us all these threats and telling us how much she didn't like us. It was really fun. We tried to respectfully end the conversation and she just kept yelling and then she said “I'm an old lady that lives alone and if you wanna die, set foot on my property, I'll shoot ya” she's a real gem... that's about it for this week. Nothing else super exciting! Transfer calls are on Saturday and if I am being transferred it will be next Tuesday. But I hope I am staying in Silverdale! Who knows though. Love you all! Love, Sister Falkner

No comments:

Post a Comment