Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6th 2013

Good day everyone!
It has been bright and sunny here in Washington all week and I am loving it!!! The sunshine brings a greater happiness to the work and we have found some incredible people this week! And we have found some new tan lines as well! It’s pretty exciting stuff!! The three awesome people we talked to this week are…
Sharon, she doesn’t live in my area, let alone my mission, but we planted a huge seed and she committed to read the Book of Mormon and contact missionaries in her area! She was very energetic and fun to talk to, we basically taught all four lessons in one because she had so many questions and she agreed with practically all of it, she only said she didn’t wanna quit drinking! Haha but she was really great and when I was explaining the need for the Book of Mormon to her I was telling her that all the other churches had taken the bible in different ways and made what they wanted out of it and so God waited until a time when we really would need it to give us the Book of Mormon and I told her it was kind of like His reset button to explain things that weren’t as clearly stated in the bible and that people had misunderstood and she just thought that was the coolest thing and yelled to her friend “SANDY, I’m gonna read God’s reset button!!!!” hahah it was really fun! Hopefully she really does contact missionaries in her area :]
Then we met Nichelle, she is 23 years old and she was high as a kite when we met her. We found her at the beginning of our tracting. She told us that if we would jump her bike over a dirt mound that she would read our “bible” in one week, so we told her we would finishing our tracting and come back a little after 7 to jump her bike and discuss the book. She asked that we come back in our jeans because she felt uncomfortable and didn’t want us to get hurt riding a bike in a skirt, so we did. When we got back to her house she was so excited that we actually came back, she was making us dinner and we talked for like 2 hours about the church and she had TONS of questions! She committed to reading the book and she said she would be done with it by the next time we go over (Tuesday) and she would have questions and want to talk about it. So I am really excited to go meet with her again, she is kind of crazy but she is just a curious daughter of God. And I love it! Oh and we didn’t end up jumping the bike, she said she would let us off the hook this time! Haha
We Met Pickello last Sunday and met with him again yesterday, he is on date for the 25 of this month, I’m not sure that that is going to happen because he can only really meet on Sundays as of right now, but we will pray for a miracle. He has a family and as of right now his son is in on the lessons, and he said he would talk to his wife and other kids about sitting in on the future lessons, he really is an awesome guy and shows a real genuine interest in learning more! I’m so excited for him and I hope I can teach his whole family because I really want to teach a family!!!! :]
Okay, I’m sorry this is so long guys, but this week was just great! We also went to the temple this Thursday, it was incredible!!!! With the exception of the temple workers, our ENTIRE session was full time missionaries! It was so incredible! I loved it! I love the spirit that comes through being in the house of the Lord! :]
Belfair is on a big loop road that takes about 3 hours to go around and since the weather is nice, all the Harleys are coming out. We saw over a hundred Harleys in town this Saturday and Sunday, it was crazy!! They have their little hang out restraint in town, it was pretty crazy. Then I saw a crew of Camaros. There were 14 in a row cruising down the highway! It was kinda crazy, took me back to our jeeping trips when everyone would stare at us as they see a trail of jeeps go by! :]
Last night I had the most intense dessert!!! Haha this lady in my ward in known for her “Kit-Kat cake” it’s ALL CHOCOLATE! It was so much! I don’t think I have felt a chocolate overload in a long time, but I did last night! I will show you a picture!  
Well, that’s basically my week in a not so small nutshell, I hope I didn’t bore any of you to tears. I love you all!! Have a great week!
Love always, Sister Falkner :]




No comments:

Post a Comment