Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15th, 2013

Hello Everyone!
So, we had transfers this week. Sister Farnsworth and I got the call that we are both staying, but then last Monday night we got a call saying we were going to be put into another trio. So we now have Sister Ryser with us as well. Its weird being in a trio again, but its fun! Sister Ryser came out the transfer after me and she is great!
For my birthday we had cake and a lesson with Robin, that was great! :] then we taught lessons and had an awesome steak dinner with the Griffith's. She bought me an ice cream cake because she didn't know I went off of ice cream, so I felt really bad because it was an expensive dairy queen one. So we had some ice cream cake, I am still going to stay off of ice cream, but I guess my birthday was an exception. Its not as great as I remember, so that was kind of nice. I thought I would crave it all the time if I had a little bit, but I don't. Then we just had more lessons. I got lots of mail and I am so thankful to all of you that sent me things! You are so awesome! THANK YOU! I apologize if I cant get a handwritten thank you to all of you, please understand I don't have tons of time :] but I am grateful! Oh, and I did get my free Slurpee, don't worry!
As for the rest of the week, it was awesome! We had 3 baptisms this week! Bryan got baptized, he is 20 and just super awesome! His friend in the ward got married this week and she was in town for two days this weekend before she went back to live in Utah with the new hubby, so he wanted to get baptized while she was in town! Luckily, he was so well prepared that we were able to make that possible for him. It was an awesome day, then we got permission to go to the reception that night and we got to see President and Sister Weaver so I will pull some pictures off of the mission blog and send them with this. :]
Then on Sunday we had our other 2 baptisms. We had Jacob and Bella's baptism. They are the cutest little things! Jacob is 10 and Bella is 8. Sarah, their mom was baptized a year ago and hasn't been very active since. But she is fully active now and the kids are so happy!
Overall a pretty awesome week for me! The work in this ward is growing so rapidly and we are so excited and happy to be able to be working hard and teaching every day! :]
Love you all!
Love, Sister Falkner

Picture 1- Bryan



Picture 2- Us and President Weaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment