Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th 2013

Hello everyone!!
What a super great weekend huh??? Conference was amazing!! I took tons of good notes. I can’t wait for the ensign to come out with all of those! My favorite thing that was said was “first and forever fan the flame of your faith” –Holland. :]
We watched conference at the church and had one investigator show up on Saturday. On Sunday, Liz was supposed to come but she called us and wasn’t feeling well so she watched it at home, then watched the hour long restoration video, then the second session. Yeah, she is pretty solid. I am way excited for her!! :]
This week we went on a search for volunteer work throughout the city and all of the places we looked at have to run a back ground check and what not, it’s pretty crazy! Who knew service would be so difficult!! After the Saturday sessions of conference, we went tracting and it POURED rain, hard!!!! The most I have seen yet! It was crazy!!!! My wool coat got real heavy real fast!! We were completely drenched and not one person let us in or wanted to talk, kind of a rough day! Oh well.
Outside of that it has been a pretty average week! Nothing too crazy going on here. This morning in my personal study I was reading a conference talk by Elder Holland from like 2002 or something and I loved it so much, it doesn’t apply to me as a missionary at all though, so I thought I should be a missionary and encourage all of you to read it because it was awesome! So if you are, or ever want to be a parent and are reading this email, read this talk!! I’ll make it easy for ya, here ya go! http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2003/04/a-prayer-for-the-children?lang=eng As I was reading this I couldn’t help but think how lucky I was to have been raised by the parents that I have, my parents are incredible! (I love you mom and dad) and I know that they applied many principles in this talk and I just want every child to have what I had, so go ahead, read it! :]
Sorry it’s so short this week, I am on a time crunch today! But I love you all so much!
Have a great week!
Love, Sister Falkner :]

No comments:

Post a Comment