Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25th 2013

OH HEY!!!
First of all… NATALI JENSEN!!!!!!!!! I mean Sister Natali Jensen, HOLY COW!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Australia will be so beautiful and speaking mandarin??? Wowzers!! Good luck cuz!! You will have to keep me posted on how the prep work is going, I am so proud of you!! You’re mission will change your life so much and it will help you realize everything in life that is truly important!! Ahhh, I’m so excited for you!!!!
Anyway, to get some of the not so important things out of the way first… Some of the weird foods I have eaten this week that I would have normally never eaten are; Cooked carrots, still not my favorite but I can tolerate them now. And FISH!!! I know it’s not that crazy, but for me it is. I really just pray a lot that my taste buds will change, at least temporarily… and they do, so that is really helpful and awesome. Very kind of God to help me out a little, he’s a good guy!!
Funny story, last night for dinner we went to the Roods (she is in the relief society presidency) so before we went to dinner we were out tracting and I told my companion I was mentally preparing myself for pot roast, with cooked carrots and potatoes because that’s what relief society presidencies make for Sunday dinner. She kind of just laughed and said yeah maybe and I said, no really… my mom is relief society president and that is her favorite thing to make on Sundays!! Haha so, long story short we got there and I was right. Pot roast, potatoes, and carrots. I ate it, didn’t love it, but I ate it. Sister Rood is a talker, we were there for two and a half hours and my companion and I probably said like five words other than the two minutes of talk time I was allowed when I shared a scripture. It was crazy, and we hinted so many times that we needed to leave but she just kept going!!!! Ahh, we finally got to the porch and she talked for another twenty minutes so I started shivering in hopes that she would get the point and eventually she did and all was well, but it was a long night.
My Big God is real moment for this week was Thursday. We had interviews with the President and Sister Weaver (which went well) and we had about 20 minutes of free time before but we have no miles left and we were already by the church so we could drive around to see anyone. We decided we would just knock the trailer park next the church while we waited and the third trailer we knocked on, we met Karen. Karen is friends with a recent convert that lives in the same trailer park and she said she was going to start giving her friend a ride to church and would probably attend with her. She has read parts of the Book of Mormon already and feels good about it, we are going back this week to begin teaching her, she is an awesome lady, she retired from working at a tire shop for 25 years, and loves NASCAR!! Hahah so we talked a little bit about Danica Patrick and I told her that I admire the way she advertizes herself because she never sells herself as a sex object, she advertizes herself for exactly what she is, a professional female driver. It was really cool! Overall this week was really good, I learn more and more everyday of how much my Heavenly Father loves me and it just makes me want to work that much harder so that I can please Him!! I love this work, I love the Book of Mormon, and I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven!!!
Thank you all for the support you have shown me! I love you all!
Love always, Sister Falkner :]

No comments:

Post a Comment