Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19th 2013

Dearest Familia and Amigos!!
This week had been a good one, the mission life is good!! For Valentine’s Day I helped this sweet sweet member out. She called us the night before and asked if we could come provide some service in the morning so we gladly accepted and when we got there she fed us lunch and was talking to us for a bit and then she explained that her husband “went to the doctor” somewhere in the east coast two weeks ago and said he is not coming back, she had just finished filing for a divorce when she called us the night before. She asked us if we could help her by getting all of his stuff out of the house, it was a very bitter sweet moment, I could tell she was hurt, they had been married for 20 years for goodness sake, but she was so strong and she handled it so well, she has a full trust in God that everything will work out for the better. Her husband had a motor home in the driveway and she wanted all of his stuff in there so that if he came back she wouldn't have to help him and he wouldn't have to come into her home, he could just take his motor home and leave, so that’s exactly what we did. We moved it all out! Kind of a crazy way to spend Valentine’s Day, but it was good!
I went on an exchange and served in Silverdale because my companion got to go to the temple one last time before she goes home, so that was a crazy experience. The area I went to was really wealthy compared to the one I am in now and we had a hard time finding people to teach for the day and anyone that we could have taught was sick, that’s basically how my whole week has been. Lots of people are sick… But it was good, I served with Sister Thomas, she was in my district in the MTC and she is awesome! We went out and did what we could and when we came back and had no more people we could visit we thought the others sisters would be back from the temple trip so we headed back to meet up with them only to find they were still an hour or so out, on the way there we saw Northridge 4X4 and because we had a little time to kill before my companion got back I asked Sister Thomas if we could make a pit stop. I walked in and talked to the guys in there for a bit and they asked why the heck I was in Washington, so I explained to them that I teach people about Jesus and they asked if I was one of those people that go around knocking doors all the time. Hahah I explained that we do that and we talked for a bit about it. I then told them I worked at Teraflex and he looked at my name tag and said “Falkner? You didn’t JUST work at Teraflex…” haha his face was pretty funny so they gave me a little tour and then we quickly left. It was a weird experience being back into that environment, but it was really nice at the same time.
Sunday we had a baptism, it was a 9 year old boy that we found and began to teach but because he went to church with his grandma rather than his mom, he had to be baptized in his grandmother's ward which is in the elder's area, so it kind counts? We went to the baptism and it was awesome, I can’t wait to help more people experience the atonement first hand and draw closer to God.
This P-day we went to Crescent Lake, it is a GORGEOUS lake, it is completely surrounded by mountains, it’s the deepest lake in the western United States, and they actually don’t know how deep it is because it’s so deep. We went on a hike around the lake and found some old railroad tunnels that we hiked through, those were really cool!! Then we headed back down the trail but still had some time left so we drove to the other side of the lake and hiked up to the Sol Duc Falls, they were so beautiful. I will attach some pictures! My companion and I have this thing that every time we experience a miracle or anything that is just indescribably awesome happens we just say “God Is Real” while we were hiking and seeing all these beautiful places I just kept thinking to myself… God is real… there is no way he is not real! I encourage all of you to look for moments in your everyday life that prove to you that God is real, because I know without a doubt that he is and that he is there for me and loves me and cares for me, sometimes we don’t have these massive miracles happening in our lives and we think that he has abandon us, but I promise you that he hasn't. You won’t find what you are not looking for. Look for "God is real" moments and feel free to write me about them because I would love to hear them! Just like a testimony grows when it is shared, it helps others to grow, so share those experiences with others and help them know of the reality of God! That’s all for today folks, I love you all so much! :]
Much Love, Sister Falkner :]
 
Happy Valentine's Day from Sister Falkner

The bookstore from Twilight
 
Hike near Crescent Lake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment