Monday, June 30, 2014

June 9th 2014

Hello my close friends!

So, this week I had some incredible opportunities! On Tuesday night we got a text from President Weaver saying that all former Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders are invited to Mission Leadership Council! So, on Thursday, Sister Wilkinson spent the day with Sister Diener, from Olympia and I got to go up to Tacoma to be in the meeting! It was really special, it was President and Sister Weavers last MLC, so they wanted everyone there! In the training President said "2 Nephi chapter 2 is still in the Book of Mormon, this means that there is still a need for 'opposition in all things'"

I really liked that thought because even though we have been having a great time in Rochester and we have been so blessed, we still have hard days! Just like the next missionary! This morning during comp study we were reading a talk by President Packer and he says this...

"Life is full of problems

It's full of if's and but's

And the man that's grinning all the time

Must be completely nuts."

It brought be a lot of comfort because I know that it’s okay to have hard days, I know that it is always for our benefit and it is part of OUR plan of Happiness :] so yeah, super great meeting!!

We have been continuing to teach Brigida and her family, we talked with them about baptism this week and she wants her children to be baptized in our church because it is her husband’s favorite church!

We also had transfer calls this week, Sister Wilkinson and I are staying together for another transfer, so it will be good! We will just keep pushing along!

The greatest part of my week!!! drum roll.....

I GOT TO GO BACK TO SEQUIM!!!! Ahhh, it felt so good to be back! Faye was baptized on Saturday and since Sister Stokes and I found her and started teaching her, I got to go back for the baptism! It was so special and it was so good to see Sister Stokes again! And Faye and the Sequim ward! I just love all of them so much! My new Ward Mission Leader, Brother King and his wife offered to drive us down! It was so sweet!!!

That's all for this week! Actually we found a cool guy named DJ that wants to be baptized! But I’ll tell you about him next week!

Love you tons!!!!

Love, Sister Falkner!

1. I made us breakfast the way my Daddy used to make me pancakes! :]

2. We made a goal to take a picture everyday this week because we have been awful about it, so this was on Friday!

3. Sister Stokes and I with Faye!

No comments:

Post a Comment